About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! Me and DH are 27. We met at the end of our senior year in High School and married three years later on June 25 2005. We have been TTC for over 3 years. Now we are expecting twins in June. I hope to encourage and be encouraged through our journey.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The nursery is painted



The hubs did such a good job.









We had the fan sucking the fumes out of the room. This helped a lot with the smell. We still have the door shut so it doesn't come in the rest of the house. If it still smells this weekend I will turn the fan back on.

As long as we are able to see the goods on Wednesday I would like to go shopping for cribs and bedding.

I told DH yesterday that he could name the boys and I would name the girls. He said we already have a boy name. But if we have two boys you can name the other. The two girls names I have picked I absolutely love, him, not so much. The first girl name we have we both loved but a couple from church took it. He can't get over it, so he doesn't really like it anymore. Did this happen to any of you?

4 comments:

  1. You must really want to name those girls!! I would never give my DH that much control over a name. If I had, Noah would have been named "Roman". And he's soooo not a Roman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister n law beth had this happen to her...She was 35wks prego and at one of my husbands sd of the family get togethers she had told like 4 out of 50 people that they would be naming their son Grant Micheal....Then my husbands cousin Jenny who was only 18wks pregnant sent out an email to everyone in the Family saying they found out they were having a boy and were naming him Grant Micheal...My sister n law was livid!!!! And now we have two Grant Micheals that are in the family....So Crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had my name that I had loved for 20 years stolen by my cousin (who knew!). I know I could still use it, but it ruined it for me. Now I like our new name better and you will find the perfect names too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your sweet comment! I can't wait to hear how your appointment goes today. It's SO exciting to find out the genders! The monthly onesies I put on my babies are actually stickers that I put over white Carters onesies. They're called Picky Stickies and you can buy them on Etsy. As for the pack n play, we have found it helpful. I didn't want a co-sleeper either and it wouldn't have worked with our bed anyway. At first it will be hard for you to get in and out of bed while you're recovering from your c-section but it will get better as you heal. Have your husband or anybody else that may come help you out hand you the babies to feed them in bed. That will help you to not be getting in and out of bed so much. I know several twin mommies that put their babies in their cribs in the nursery pretty early on because they slept better that way. It's all trial and error. You will find what works best for you, your husband and the babies...and then stick with that! Don't let other people force their ideas and opinions on you. :-) Feel free to comment on my blog or email me with any other questions!

    ReplyDelete