About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! Me and DH are 27. We met at the end of our senior year in High School and married three years later on June 25 2005. We have been TTC for over 3 years. Now we are expecting twins in June. I hope to encourage and be encouraged through our journey.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

MIA

I have been gone so long from here I haven't even done my 10week update and tomorrow I will be 11weeks!

Over Thanksgiving I got really sick and didn't wanna do anything. I missed 2 days of work (that never happens). I went to the doctor Monday, I needed some type of relief. The nurse who took my BP and temp asked when my last period was. I told him and then said I was 10 1/2 weeks pregnant. After the doctor came in and realized how bad I was he suggested I get a steroid shot. So just to be on the safe side I asked if it was safe for pregnant women. He had this dumbfounded look on his face then check my chart and said oh no not safe at all!! After I left his office I called my OB to make sure the prescription he prescribed was safe.

I know that when you are given meds that you typically take ALL of it until its gone. I already feel guilty about taking meds while being pregnant so I have been thinking about stopping them in a few days. The lenght is for 10 days which I think is way over kill!! What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. Are they antibiotics? I had a horrible sinus infection early in this pregnancy that I took antibiotics for - they were on the safe list from my ob - but yes, you must take ALL of them for them to be effective. Otherwise you might have to start them all over again.

    Happy 11 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's antibiotics you REALLY need to take them for the full length because otherwise they won't work properly and you could end up getting worse. You need to keep taking them even after you feel better.

    It they're not antibiotics, I don't know what my answer is.

    I was also VERY nervous about taking things when I was pregnant. I think I took tylenol twice my whole pregnancy and that was IT. Nothing else. But I heard of someone having a UTI and not taking antibiotics for it and she ended up miscarrying at 20 weeks because of the infection. So if your OB said the pills are fine, I'd err on the side of caution and take EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would take them:) I can honestly say I have been on several meds...and yes some of them are Class C and baby hakes is doing great...Sometimes the risks outweigh the consequences...and in your case you are even taking a safe medication so I would finish it up:)

    ReplyDelete