About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! Me and DH are 27. We met at the end of our senior year in High School and married three years later on June 25 2005. We have been TTC for over 3 years. Now we are expecting twins in June. I hope to encourage and be encouraged through our journey.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Infertility Sucks

I go tomorrow morning for the beta, even though I know it's a waste of time. I tested Sunday morning and it was a BFN.

Sunday morning in church was terrible. The message however was great and really hit home. He preached on giving your burdens to God. DH and I were both in tears. Even though it was sad I felt a little better after I left. We know we need to give it to him.

My next dilemma is weather or not I wanna go to IVF or another IUI. DH and I said we would only do a max of 3 IUI's. I feel like, well the first two didn't work why would the last one. So why waste that 1,500.00 and another month. I am really torn on what to do. I wanna make the right decision but have no clue which way to go.

I told DH to help me pray about it and hopefully we will both come up with the same answer. He doesn't care which way we go but I think he might be a little nervous about all the procedures of IVF, so maybe right now he is leaning more to IUI.

Any suggestions would be apperciated.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry:( I've sent many a church service in tears because of a BFN, or spotting, or AF arriving.

    Statistically, it takes an average or 4 or 5 IUI cycles for a woman to get pregnant. I know it seems ridiculous that you don't get pregnant when you know you're putting MILLIONS of sperm right into your uterus at the exact time that you KNOW there's an egg (or two or three) there to catch them. I remember thinking that if I couldn't get pregnant from a cycle that was THAT good (for example, 3 or 4 eggs and the best sperm recoveries DH had ever had), I'm never going to get pregnant from IUI and that we were wasting our time. But, we had decided to do 7 IUIs before moving on to IVF, and we got pregnant on the 4th one.

    Whatever you decide, I support. But IUI can definitely still work for you.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about the BFN! :( I know quite a few woman that it takes a couple of IUI's for them to get pregnant. I guess it just depends on what fertility road blocks you guys are having. If it's unexplained I would continue with one more month of IUI. For us, with my tubes being blocked we knew IUI's had a very small chance of working (like as small as us trying on our own) so we decided to not spend the money and time on something we knew wouldn't work for us. Maybe talk to your RE and see what he/she thinks? Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete