About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! Me and DH are 27. We met at the end of our senior year in High School and married three years later on June 25 2005. We have been TTC for over 3 years. Now we are expecting twins in June. I hope to encourage and be encouraged through our journey.
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

AC @ work is out.....

So this morning when I showed up for work our ac was out. After three long hours we finally got it running. It isn't fixed completely but for now it's working. I just hope one of those wonderful hot flashes doesn't creep up on me. Last cycle I took Clomid this time I'm taking Femara and the hot flashes are worse. It may sound like complaints but I'm up for anything if it leads to a BFP!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amber, ugh on the ac problem. It's always at the worst time isn't it. My office had the ac out for 2 weeks while I was on the down regulation of our last IVF cycle. I took cold showers when I went home every day!

    I also wanted to let you know that you won my giveaway. If you leave your address in a comment on my post I'll mail it out to you. Don't worry about having your address posted as I have approval on my comment's and I'll just delete it afterward. OR you can email me at kstone187 {at} yahoo {dot} com. Hoping that this is your BFP cycle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi again, I'll get your prize in the mail to you. I LOVED LOVED LOVED acupunture. It was a manditory naptime twice a week during IVF and kept me so calm and rested. I have also done it for IUI's several times. Inserting the needles hurts less than getting a finger prick for a blood test. If you have a good person you should hardly feel it at all.

    Typically for IUI you lie on your back and they put needles into points in your calves, stomach and wrist. My Acu will also ask about stress, headache or sleeplessness and do extra points in my forehead and ears if needed. The ears do hurt a bit more but it's really not bad at all. There is usually 1-2 sessions pre-ovulation and one post ovulation. I pay $75 for a 45 minute session but I think the first session I ever did was $90 minutes because she did a whole health assessment before doing points.

    Because IVF is twice a week for a month she lowers her rate to $60. The points are totally different. You lie on your stomach and get needles in the back of your calves, hips and wrists. The calves and hips then have a low current run through them which is supposed to increase blood flow to the pelvic area. The sessions stop right before retrieval. And then the day of transfer she does a session pre and post transfer on the same day.

    If you don't mind I've had a lot of really great questions like yours and would like to do a Q & A on my blog. I'd like to post this one and the response as well.

    ReplyDelete